Summer is here, and it’s the time of year when you want to take your boat out on the water. However, since your boat has been idle throughout the fall and winter, it may need some touch-ups before you put it in the water. We will discuss the signs to look out for when you need boat repair.
Southwest RV Repair doesn’t just take care of RVs; we also can fix up your boats! If you’re looking for a repair technician that can give one of the best turnaround times in El Paso, look no further. Call (575) 339-6141 or contact us online to speak to one of our skilled technicians.
What to Look For
Ensuring the safety of your boat is very important. With the high amount of boating accidents that occur every year, you can never be too cautious when it comes to your vessel. We have all the services you need for your boat repair. However, here are some signs to look out for before you bring it into the shop.
- Damaged Electric Connections- Over time, water can result in corrosion, and some electrical components may come in contact with the water, which will cause them to stop working.
- Odd or Unfamiliar Sounds- If the inside of your boat is beginning to smell moldy or musty, there may be a water leak that you’re not aware of.
- A Twisted/Bent Rub Rail- A damaged rub rail doesn’t mean you need to get your boat repaired right away. However, if you plan on taking any long trips, you should have an expert look at it to assess any issues.
- Your Boat is Leaning- If you notice your boat is significantly leaning to one side, it could mean your boat is taking on the water without you noticing.
- Loss of Engine Power- If your boat comes to a sudden stop in the water despite you just filling the tank with gas, this is a signifier that your boat requires urgent boat repair.
- It’s Taking On A Lot of Water- It’s normal for boats to take on water. However, if it’s taking on more water than it’s distributing, there may be a bigger issue at hand.
- A Broken Drive Belt- A broken or damaged drive belt can cause serious damages that can include the engine overheating.
- Trouble Steering- If your wheel isn’t turning properly or it’s stuck, it could mean there are electrical problems, or there’s a leak in the hydraulic system. No matter what the problem is, make sure to reach out to an expert.
- The Boat Won’t Start- Though this one may be obvious, there are several problem indicators as to why your boat won’t start. Make sure to bring it to a technician so they can make the proper boat repairs.
- It’s Overheating- If you feel an excessive amount of heat radiating from your boat or the equipment that is on it, make sure to bring it to an expert right away.
- Unusual Vibrations- When traveling on the waters, some vibrations are normal. However, if you notice strange or heavier vibrations, something may be wrong with your engine.
- Weird Sounds- Similar to a car, any weird or unfamiliar noises with your boat are usually a sign that something is wrong. Be sure to listen carefully when your boat is running normally so it’s easier to identify if there is a problem.
Who to Contact
If you notice any of the signs listed above happening to your boat, don’t hesitate to bring it into Southwest RV for its necessary boat repairs. Located in El Paso, we offer quality repairs and painting to help your boat get water ready. To book an appointment, give our shop a call at (575) 339-6141 or contact us online today!